myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Wednesday Auction

Events today:
I woke up and found that, in addition to only a few hours of sleep, I had lost my voice. This was not due to any bug going around or deadly pneumonia... just my own stupidity. I had left my window open last night because my roommate likes to keep the house temperature at about 78... not good for me or the chins. The Chins can't have a temperature above 80, so 78 is cutting it really close. So I opened my window... on what happened to be the coldest night Alabama had all winter so far. It was even suposed to snow last night. Oops. Well, I knew I'd get it back, and I did about mid day (not to say in the days that follow I lost it for good).
Also, My glasses broke... so I walked in without them, and couldn't tell anyone I needed to fix them. Some people picked up fairly early on that I couldn't talk. Emily, for instance, caught me on my way in, and found out that my whispers were raspy. Dusty, on the other hand, didn't realize it until after our morning meeting, when she kept asking me questions and getting no answer other than the hand signal for "rock on" or a feverant head shake "no." Today we also opened up the stockings, which was a lot of fun. I had so much fun putting them together for the girls, it was so nice to see their smiling faces. Dusty gave out some lovely Burt's Bees stuff... which I love!! I love the lip gloss they make! Thank you Dusty!!
Also today was the ending of the Emergency Fund Auction... on which I bid on two things, and won both items!! I won the mini-sewing machine, which will be put to good use. I've got a ton of patches and holey jeans that need mending. The other one was kind of a whem... a lovely chocker I hope I can wear sometime. It's quite beautiful.
Oh, we also had our company holiday lunch. I won a free ASF cookbook, which is awesome because I'd been in debate about getting one for a while. Emily won The World's Largest Hershey's Kiss, filled with something like 2 pounds of chocolate! I thought it was quite funny. They also handed out lovely little ASF diaries (date books/ day planners)... which I later (Christmas day) handed out as stocking stuffers. They're really cool because they come with a pen.
I went to the bank this day, with some slight complications, to see if they'd do money exchange... they do, but it'd take two weeks. So I decided against it.
At about 3, I got my voice back, but the rest of my body was feeling it. I was aching so much. I didn't want to move. I still had to get a suitcase, too. I went home and passed out. Chris and Andrew woke me up to do a gift exchange, which was nice and fun. I got a lovely scarf that matches my AE bumb-gloves from Chris (Thank you!!! I've been wearing it a lot here), and some nice bath stuff from Andrew (Thank you!!!). Chris drug me out of the house to get me drugged up, because he'd been sick the previous week, so he knew exactly what to get... including a suitcase and food. We ended up eating at IHOP due to bad service and closing times. It was good. He was good enough to help me pack up the suitcase with all the goodies I had to take with me. Thank you, most of all, for that.
So, if you weight the good and the bad, it probably evens out (if the bad doesn't actually outweight it), but I had a good day. Busy, but good.

No comments: