myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Friday, December 30, 2005

As the World Turns


BIOHAZARDOUS

WARNING: DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER! YOU MIGHT CATCH THE PLAGUE!!!

That's what the door to my apartment should have said this past week. As you know, if you actually read this blog, I've not really had a voice since Wednesday, December 21st. Well, I guess that and an overly sensitive sinus infection put me out for most of this week. Monday I got back into Montgomery by plane, and was tired, but home. Tuesday I went to work, not a problem besides sounding like I was a 12 year old boy going through puberty. Then at around 7:35pm (I know it's precise but I remember looking at the clock, going "that's strange. Hold still!") I decided it might just be a good idea to lay down because the world was now spinning at an outragous pace. I get up at 3:00am with a caughing fit... I down some medication and watch the world spin for a half hour till it all kicks in. At 6:40am I lay there with my hands over my face telling the world to "just stop it now, it's not funny anymore." I tell myself to get up and get dressed, but it won't oblige until the world stops for it. Which isn't going to happen any time soon. My vertigo has set in. I somehow get up, get dressed, and make it to work. But just barely. I quickly set myself down in front of my boss and we agree, after a caughing fit, that I shouldn't come in to work today. I go home and prompty fall asleep. Until it is time for my doctor's apointment. I drove, I know... bad me, but I had to get there somehow and I was feeling a bit better by then. The doctor prescribed me some real medication, which I went and got at the local CVS. There was a little trouble with my insurance, but all is solved now. I really don't remember much after that. I know I must have taken it and just passed out for the rest of the night...
Until 3:00am. When I woke up, once again, to a caughing fit. Stumbled out of bed long enough to down caugh medicine and went back to sleep. Woke up at 6:00am got dressed and headed for work with the world only slightly spinning more than it should. I was still dizzy, but I figured I'd be okay. The rest of my body was feeling fit and fine, not quite 100%, but definetly better than it had been. I get to work, start mixing paint... and have to sit down every two minutes because the world is spinning way more than it should. Everything is tilted a bit more to the right than I feel comfortable with. Unfortunately, my stomach agrees.
After my friend Sinus Infection invited over his friend Vertigo, the party got a little out of hand, and I started the pagan ritual of worshipping the porceline gods... and decided it was time to go home.
I got my coat back on and told Dusty "I'm going home now" and walked straight to bed. It knew I was coming because the one stuffed animal I currently have on it was sitting upright with a waved hand and the other on the pillow, calling my name. I fell asleep, after reluctantly eating something. I know I woke up, on and off, but it was mainly to ward off the spinning earth in a feble way.
It's still spinning more than I'd like, but I went back to work today and was able to stay the whole day, minor medical halucinations and spinning spells aside, and it was a good day. I got all the planks painted and am on to a new project... kind of.

Oh, but everyone in my apartment was home those days, it was rather odd because we still didn't see each other except in fleeting moments tween our rooms and the kitchen or bathroom. Everyone seems to be better than they were, and we were all back at work today. But apparently the rumor is set that our apartment is quarenteined due to the plague that has hit ASF.

No comments: