myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Monday, November 21, 2005

What I can remember of this past week

Hecktic, as usual. Here's the lineup of the last few days I can actually remember...
Sunday: Civil War Reinactment. Quite fun, but quite loud for my onset of headaches. Had to rest after all that fun.
Monday: Sick. I had the day off, but because I had a massive migrane I really couldn't do much of anything. Loud noises, bright lights, not for me. I'm just glad I wasn't at work with all the power tools. I did get some cleaning done between doses of migrane medication that knocked me out for hours at a time.
Tuesday: Back to work. Migrane is lessened to a mild headache, so I can handle work, but not necessarily all the saws, so I stayed working on stage for Christmas Carol touch ups and last minute stuff (like windows)... So for the morning, I did all the windows I could reach without having to get in the genii. The afternoon I spent working on props for OHenry.
Go out shopping with a friend.
Wednesday: All better and somewhat refreshed. The afternoon we're kicked off stage again, and work on more furniture props for OHenry.
Thursday: Things are getting interesting. I'm all better, enough so that I spend all morning in the new Genii lift. Thursday nights are the nights a group of us get together and have dinner at my apartment while whatching CSI... all those cool props would be fun to make. Tonight, there aren't many people since we open C. Carol on Sunday, and everyone's trying to stay late and get stuff done. So we have breakfast for dinner. Eggs, pancakes, bagels, bacon, good stuff. Since there are so few of us, and we're all tired from work, we decide to spend time in the hot tub at the apartment. Very, very nice. After that, at around 10:30 pm, I've gotta go back to work until about 3:30 am (nice overtime). I finish the windows (the people rejoice) by spending most of the night singing to myself in the genii to calm my nerves. It seems to work well. When I got back, I think I got some sleep...
Friday: with about 4 hours of rest under my belt I get up and go to work at 9 am. No more Genii work, but we're on to OHenry only, which is nice. I was told we might finish early, like 3 pm at the latest, which is why I came in earlier than what I wanted to. At around 2:30, after I kept looking up at the clock, I was given the assignment of going to the OHenry stage and filling in all the 1/4" and 1/8" cracks inbetween all the wood floor planks that line the floor... of which there are literally thousands of feet of to do. So I'm given a small brush and a bucket of paint. With a look of shock and distain I go in and start trying to put paint in the cracks. I have to get all sides of the cracks, which is virtually impossible. Luckily, the lack of sleep had improved my mental creativity (the small amount of left brain attributes I might have had leave me with the slightest lack of sleep, so one can only imagine how my mind was working at this time.) causing me to think up a crazy scheme. "What if I had a hypodemic or something? Because it's just like pumping paint into wood veins!" So I ask a Prop Tart if they have anything like that... they give me an eye-dropper (reasonably safer in my hands than any needle). It works like a charm! Dusty comes in to help me (BTW: Dusty is my boss), and is armed with paintbrushes, which she quickly throws down when she sees what a genius I am with the eyedropper. She runs and gets puff-paint holders (holds more paint, but has the same size spout), and those are even better. But then we're kicked out of that space at around 4, so we only get part of the floor done. I'll happily do more of it if I can use the puff-paint stuff rather than the brush. It was rather fun, zen like. So around 4:30, we got everything cleaned up and left (30 min earlier than normal... ugh). I didn't go home and sleep. Of course not, that would be too logical, and one must remember that at this point, I'm not thinking logically. I go home and get ready to go swing dancing. I knew the instructor, Mark, that teaches swing dance lessons... in Auburn (an hour away). It's every Friday, and I hadn't gone yet, but had made plans to do so earlier in the week. And had invited a couple of friends to go with me, Chris and Emily, so I couldn't back down. When I walked through the door, I had a few minutes to spare, and so called for directions. I was promptly asked if I wanted to join the swing dancers to the 9:30 showing of Harry Potter, since it'd just came out. Of course I did, but I also knew a little secret about Saturday, and I had guests to consider. So I called my friends, which, of course, where at their respected places already in their showers. So I get a hold of Emily, who says yes they'd love to, but to make sure it'd be alright with Chris, since he was driving. I wait and wait, and decide I can wait no longer, so I hop in the shower. Right as my hair is getting wet, my phone rings (they were in my pants, so they were in the bathroom.). I turn off the water, almost fall out of the tub and answer my phone after covering myself in a towel... because that made sense to me that I should not be undressed while on the phone. It's Chris and he says he'd love to see Harry Potter. I quickly hang up and call Mark. "Hi, we'd love to go. There's me and two others, so three tickets total. We'll pay you back when we get there. Thank you so much. I'll call you back for the directions, I've got to finish this shower. Ta-ta." I think were my exact words... no break. I finish, get out of the shower and get dressed. I'm still putting on my socks when Chris comes to pick me up. I grab a handful of make-up (it's not every day I wear it, and it's nice to look nice every once and a while). So I sit and put on make-up while waiting on Emily to get in the car. Yeah! Everyone's there and we get on the road, after stopping at the ATM... I realize, I haven't gotten directions yet. I call and get them, really easy, actually. We get there right on time, before Mark, the instructor, even. Oh my! It was so much fun! They broke us up into advanced and basic, and you could decide where you fit. So Emily, who had been swing dancing for a while, went into the advanced class, while Chris and I went to the basic lesson and learned the East Coast Swing, which Mark was teaching. It was sooo much fun! After an hour of lessons, we combined and everyone danced with everyone. It was a lot of fun, because everyone got to dance. Warning to all those taking a dance class: Dancing with the instructor can cause major leg pains and dizziness from going so fast. Easy to follow, but hard to keep your eyes on them. We got so caught up in dancing, we almost forgot about the movie. Chris, Emily, Mark and I ran out and went to the movie theatre. Got there in time for Emily and I to go get popcorn since we'd not eaten anything yet for dinner. Go see it, it's Harry Potter, but it's not the book. It was a good movie, enjoyable... and sad. Everyone's happy, it's been a good night. I give up the navigation seat to Emily so that I can sleep. She's just happy she doesn't have work in the morning... I couldn't bring myself to tell her my secret. My secret is this: Since I'm Assistant Scenic Charge, I go in whenever my boss does, weither or not the other painters do. And Dusty was going in Saturday morning to work on the floor Emily had so diligently worked on the past few weeks. I didn't say anything and just fell asleep.
Saturday: Somehow I had made it to my bed and set the alarm for 7:45 am. Urg. Got up and went to work. Not cracks, luckily, but I had to make the floor look as though it'd been waxed, but worn down after years of wear and tear. Did that until around 12:30. I just wanted to go home, but after talking with Dusty I convinced myself that since I was up I should eat, and since I was going to eat, I shouldn't go straight to sleep, so I'd go with her to the Zoo. We ate at McDonalds and then went to the Zoo for free so we could take pictures of her Elephant Mural, which I have to say was very impressive.
I was on a fifth wind by the time we walked around there, so we took our time taking photos of other animals. By the time I got back to the apartment I was beat, but before leaving work that morning Dusty had made dinner plans with the designers of OHenry, since they had the night off and were going to see Christmas Carol. But don't fret, I did take a nap. Around 3 till about 5, because dinner was at 5:30, but we didn't leave the theatre and get to a place to eat until 6ish. We ate at the Fox and Hound, which is actually decent food for a pub (London, take notice! Pub food can be good!) But the food took a while, so we were late getting back to see C. Carol. I wanted to take pictures, since it was photocall. So I sat in the audience during the performance taking photos with my digital camera, and during the set-up photos I took it with my nice Nikon camera. But of course, that meant I didn't get back home until around midnight...
Sunday: Missed church, but still woke up at 8 something to hear my roommate’s cat trying to get into my room to munch on my babies. The cat has gone to throwing itself against my door trying to break it down... oye. I go back to sleep until about noon, and get up talk to my parents, take a shower, and go out shopping with Chris. Don't worry, I didn't spend much money. I just went to exchange a pair of gloves, and buy a soduko book... I couldn't resist. Then, after much discussion over dinner about BLogging, Chris shows me how to set up my own account, which is this... I'm glad I have, because now you can read it if you want and not fill up your mailboxes. Well, it's night now, and I've got work, once again, in the morning. So long, and thanks for all the fish!!!

3 comments:

Rich said...

what a post.... frst of all genie is spelt like that and genii which is cool but it botherd me a little but anyway looks like your on your way... keep it real and maybe we can see some pictures soon????
take care

Anonymous said...

hey, I'm glad you are feeling better! :) Sounds like your busy 24/7 :) Glad you got to see the new Harry Potter movie, I hope to see it soon. The swing dancing sounded like a lot of fun but don't think I could take getting dizzy!(hehe)Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

Anonymous said...

what a world-wind of activity, we thought we were busy :-) Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving and send us your address for a Christmas card, we're going to figure them out this weekend :-) Take care