myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Birthday Bash



Yes, I'm devolving into the past again, so this post is for November 8, my birthday:

Thank you for the gifts, cards, calls, thoughts. I appriciate them, big or small. I had a great birthday due to all of you guys. The opening picture is of the beautiful flowers, and cute teady bear, Mom and Pop sent me... with Godiva Chocolate that I'm hording away (though I did share it with the other painters). They're so beautiful and they lasted so long, they just started to wilt, so I made a batch of potpori with them. The bear stays on my bead, because it goes with both sets of sheets. Other items of interest were: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Rascal Flatts new cd, a lovely picture frame for Scorpios, bath soaps, and Battle Royale. One of the electricians made me cupcakes to share with everyone, which I did, and I got "Durged"... which is where everyone in shop sings their own renditions of birthday songs off-key and as loud as they can. I turned a bright shade of red... from laughter, I assure you.
For my birthday I had to work, which was not a big thing. I didn't really expect anyone to know it was my birthday, but my roommate reminded the carpenters, and Dusty reminded the painters. So I got a lovely card from the ASF group, which was very fun. Since it was Tuesday, the assistants got together for lunch. The Assistant TD (Will) and Shop Forman (Matt) took me out to the Blue Burrito for lunch. It was very nice and relaxing. They talked about all their birthdays. The combined age at the table was around 80.
That night, right after work (so I still had some paint on me), Dusty and Larry took me out to another mexican resturaunt, Del Radoes, which is really good. If you ever come and visit I'll take you there. They've got amazing margaritas, which is why we went. The whole paint crew joined us, and a few extras. It was a very nice birthday get together, relaxing and very chill... just what I needed after a few days of freaking out over roommate problems. Once again, thank you everyone for making my day that much brighter. I really needed it.

From Left it's: Tabitha (Stage Ops.), myself, Erin (Paints), Emily (seated is Paints), Dusty (Scenic Charge), Larry (Dusty's husband, head of Stage Ops. for Festival Stage), and Guy (Erin's husband, overhire Stage Ops.).

Fortelling the future: On the 10th, Thursday, since it was our get together night everyone had BBQ brisket but myself and Sandy (who had her birthday on the 9th) had Steaks... which were cooked just right. They were very, very good. I took a whole one, and couldn't stop eating the mashed potatoes. There were a number of birthday cakes there, and all were exceptional. Thank you everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica, just got your blog address. Happy Birthday!!! We didn't know. It's funny that's the same B-Day as Kim's mom. Weird :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess,
:)glad you had such a wonderfully great birthday :) the flowers and teddy bear looked adorable!:)
That picture of all of you around the table reminded me of the Wednesday night dinners at Joe's :)