myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hair Theft is the Unkindest Cut of All

IN a new twist in Rio de Janeiro's crime files, scissor-wielding thieves have clipped off the long, flowing locks of a 22-year-old Brazilian woman as she rode in a city bus.

"We got on at the same stop and they sat behind me,''"sales assistant Mirna Marchetti says.

"Then all of a sudden I felt someone pulling my hair. My friend tried to help me but they just cut it off, right at the base.''

Marchetti's hair was dark, straight and reached down to her waist.

Police suspect the thieves hope to sell the hair to a hairdresser or beauty salon, which can charge more than 500 reais ($320) for top-quality hair extensions.

"This is a new kind of crime," said a police officer at the station where the report was filed.

"They really did mean to steal her hair."

No comments: